1. Purpose of Procedure
The Procedures outlined in this document ensure that CPEE recognises and provides flexible pathways for entry to its Units and Programs.
The Procedure also ensures that students who are admitted possess the potential to succeed in their studies
Refer to CPEE Glossary of Terms
The CPEE staff use the process as outlined in the flow chart to admit students to Units or Programs.
* Refer to procedure pdf for associated flow chart
Note - All relevant certified documentation must be supplied by the student
3.1. Course entry requirements for standard entry:
3.1.1. Academic Standards
Standard entry into a single unit will be granted based upon the following.
- Completion of a Level 7 AQF minimum qualification in a relevant discipline.
Standard entry will be granted into the Graduate Certificate based upon a combination of the following:
- A minimum relevant academic qualification at AQF Level 7,
- A minimum relevant academic qualification at AQF Level 6 plus a minimum of 5 years relevant industrial experience in pavement engineering or a related field.
Standard entry will be granted into the Masters based upon the following:
- A minimum relevant academic qualification at AQF Level 8,
- A minimum relevant academic qualification at AQF Level 7 plus a minimum of 5 years relevant industrial experience in pavement engineering or a related field.
3.1.2. English language requirements
Any of the following or their equivalent
- First language is English and secondary and/or undergraduate studies were conducted in English.
- Successful completion of a tertiary degree program of minimum 2 years full time equivalent where the degree program was instructed and examined in English
- English language proficiency valid within 2 years prior to submission of the application,
- IELTS (Academic) - 6.0 (no individual band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL (PBT) 575 TWE 4.5; TOEFL (iBT) 88 (no score below 20)
- PTE Academic 50 with no score lower than 50
- Cambridge CAE (Certificate of Advanced English) - B Grade
- Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) - C Grade
- Cambridge BEC (Business English Certificate) Higher - C Grade
- Qualifications from a University in an overseas country are assessed
3.2. Deferment of COmmencement
An offer for entry to a CPEE Program Single Unit or Program remains valid for a maximum of two (2) semesters after the commencing date applied for.
3.2.1. Students who elect to commence in the second of these two semesters must apply for deferred entry prior to the end of the first week of the semester for which entry was approved.
3.2.2. Offers will be automatically withdrawn unless a deferral of commencement form is received
4. Roles & Responsibilities
The HEO is responsible for application of this Procedure. All students must comply with this Procedure.