1. Purpose of Procedure
To establish the Procedures and Processes for management of general non-Academic Appeals by Students.
This Procedure applies to all Appeals other than those related to general Academic matters.
Refer to CPEE Glossary of Terms
This Procedure will apply to all general non-Academic matters.
3.1. Grounds for Appeal
Grounds for Appeal include the following
- Procedural irregularity
- A decision or outcome arrived at without full consideration of all evidence
- A decision considered to be incorrect
- A penalty considered to be manifestly excessive
3.2. Informal Resolution
Since many problems or concerns may arise through misunderstanding they may best be dealt with informally.
An informal discussion may occur with the CPEE Higher Education Officer (HEO) by telephone, email or in writing.
3.3. Lodgment of Appeal
If the informal resolution is not successful a formal appeal may be lodged using the CPEE General Misconduct Appeals form within 10 CPEE business days of the Student receipt of penalty for general misconduct
3.4. Receipt & Acknowledgment
All formal appeals will be received by the HEO who will provide the student with written receipt of acknowledgement of receipt within 5 working days.
- Formal appeals to penalties imposed by the HEO will be referred to the CPEE Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to make a determination in regards to the formal appeal.
- Formal appeals to penalties imposed by the CEO will be referred to the CPEE Council to make a determination in regards to the formal appeal.
If the student is dissatisfied with the decision (determination) regarding their formal appeal the student has the right to refer their formal appeal to an external agency.
3.7. Impact on Enrolment
A Student may stay enrolled in their course of study during the appeal process.
4. Roles & Responsibilities
The HEO is responsible for application of this Procedure. All staff and students who are party to an appeal must comply with this Procedure.