Many things, including entry requirements, differ for international and local (or domestic) students.
You are considered a Local/Domestic student if you are:
- a citizen of Australia;
- a citizen of New Zealand
- a dual citizen of Australia and any other country;
- a Permanent Resident of Australia; or
- on a Permanent Humanitarian Visa.
These criteria apply even if you completed your schooling outside Australia.
You are considered an international student if you are:
- a citizen of any country except Australia or New Zealand;
- a temporary resident of Australia;
- a permanent resident of New Zealand.
If you have Australian or New Zealand citizenship and citizenship of another country, you are considered to be a local student – even if you completed your schooling outside Australia.