English language requirements
English is the language of instruction and assessment across CPEE.
You must meet the English language requirements of CPEE to be eligible for a place.
As a graduate student, you can satisfy the English language requirements in a number of ways depending on your circumstances. In order to meet the requirements you must fulfil one of the options below.
- TOEFL, IELTS or Pearson Test of English or Cambridge English: Advanced/Certificate in Advanced English (CAE). You can use TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test of English (academic tests) or CAE to meet the University's English language requirements. You must satisfy the requirements in one sitting and within the 24 months preceding application.
English language assistance
Please contact the HEO to discuss english language assistance options available to you.
Other ways to satisfy the English language requirements
For graduate applicants (including study abroad and exchange students):
- within the last 2 years have satisfactorily completed either a postgraduate degree of at least two years duration or an undergraduate degree, where the degree was taught and assessed entirely in English. If the degree was completed within the last five years, applicants can provide evidence of sustained working in an English language environment and/or writing in English since completing the degree for consideration by the HEO..
- applicants who are citizens of designated countries * and have completed undergraduate studies in English and have subsequently worked in an English speaking country.
* designated countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom and United States.
please provide formal advice from the institution to support your claim that you have satisfied this requirement.
- within the last 2 years have satisfactorily completed a postgraduate degree of at least one year duration, where this degree was taught and assessed entirely in English and the English language entry standard for this degree was at least IELTS (Academic) overall band score 6.0 or equivalent. If the degree was completed within the last five years applicants can provide evidence of sustained working in an English language environment and/or writing in English since completing the degree for consideration by the HEO.
Qualifications from a university in an overseas country are assessed in accordance with the AEI-National Organisation of Overseas Skill Recognition (NOOSR) guidelines.