One of the final units that students undertake in their CPEE higher education program is a capstone unit involving a project relevant to their work. The Work Based mentors keep in contact with the students through the semester and when the final report is submitted assist the CPEE Unit Chair by giving their analysis of the quality of the report. This is particularly helpful in the aspect of the specifics of the project itself as their on the spot expertise aids the Unit Chair.
During Semester 2 2017 we acknowledge the help given by:
- Alan Davies: Project Manager Pilbara SA, Ventia Pty Ltd
- Michael Haydon: Associate & Principal Engineer, Opus International Consultants
- John Hughes: Senior Road Engineering Adviser, Papua New Guinea-Australia Transport Sector Support Program funded by the Australian government
- Colin Leek: Principal Engineer Pavements and Drainage, Talis Consultants
- Phil Warner: Manager of Assets and Major Projects, Byron Shire Council
Our thanks goes out to these and other mentors of our students.